Digital Storybook with Illustration Contest for Ozone Month Celebration
Theme: Montreal Protocol: Fixing the Ozone Layer and Reducing Climate Change
Target Participants: Youth (15- 28 years old)
Objective: The proposed activity is an online storybook/illustration contest aimed at promoting awareness on Montreal Protocol and its significance in fixing the ozone layer and reducing climate change. The contest is open to Filipino youth residing in the Philippines, aged 15 to 28 years old. The contest will run from August 1- 31, 2023 with judging taking place in the 1st week of September. The winners will be announced during the awarding ceremony on September 15, 2023.
Mechanics and Guidelines:
- Participants must like and follow the EMB Central Office Facebook page.
- Entries must be originally conceptualized and suitable for ages 6 years old and above.
- Entries should not have won any awards in another contest or have been published prior to the contest deadline.
- Each participant is limited to submitting one entry only.
- Entries should include a full-colored print of the cover and back page, as well as black and white prints of the inside pages.
- Entries must be submitted through the provided link.
- Participants can refer to sample storybooks provided through this link- https://drive.google.com/file/d/17P2BBQbOTrgF2nFAv4oZEz7qW7YPHTJ3/view?usp=drive_link
- Entries should be named according to the format: Full name of Participant Title of Storybook.
- Entries may be written in English or Filipino
- The first page of the entry must contain a synopsis of the story within 100-150 words.
- The length of the entry must be between 600-1000 words.
- Entries should be saved in a compressed PDF format, with readable font styles, minimum 12-point font size, and a suggested layout of 6 inches x 8.25 inches.
- Entries must comply with government policies on printed matters and should not contain obscene, vulgar, pornographic, racist, discriminatory, or offensive content.
- Participants must submit a draft layout and a time-lapse video while creating the storybook.
Submission of entries: August 1 – August 31, 2023, 11:59 PM
Announcement of winners: September 15, 2023
|1st Place||:||PHP 30,000.00|
|2nd Place||:||PHP 25,000.00|
|3rd Place||:||PHP 15,000.00|
|3 Consolation Prizes||:||PHP 5,000.00 each|
|* Prizes are subjected to tax|
|Ozone Message and Content||:||30%|
|Creativity and Design||:||30%|
|Writing Style and Language||:||20%|
- Entries with copied compositions of existing works will be automatically disqualified.
- Entries with AI-generated images will be automatically disqualified.
- DENR-EMB reserves the right to withdraw any award and/or cash prize at any time should the participants violate any rules.
- By submitting the signed registration form, participants agree to abide by the rules and regulations of the contest.
- The participants will retain ownership of characters created for the storybook.
- The artist shall give permission to DENR-EMB to use the created storybook with illustration for IEC environmental campaigns.
- DENR-EMB reserves the right to decide which entries will be displayed in future exhibits.
- Participants may not use their entries for any other purpose or resubmit their entries to other competitions.